Transferring your Silks assets
While using Venly with a Credit Card is a viable option for purchasing Silks assets, you'll often see us recommend MetaMask wallets for the most optimal functionality within the Silks platform. This article will teach you how to transfer your Silks assets from Venly to MetaMask.
First, proceed to the Venly portal and log in using the email address you used to purchase your assets. The screenshot below displays the Venly portal with a Silks Genesis Avatar and a Silks Horse.
Option 1: Export Wallet
Venly allows you to export and download your entire wallet for easy connectivity to your MetaMask wallet.
1. Click the Settings gear at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Click the red "Export wallet" button at the bottom of the page. This will prompt you to create a password used to encrypt your file. Write the password down. Next, you'll be prompted to create a pin. Write this down too.
3. Once complete, you'll see a 'Wallet exported' message with a Keystore and a "Download as file" button. Download the file. The downloaded file will be titled "Keystore.json"
4. Open the MetaMask extension in your browser. Click the profile icon in the top right corner of the extension.
5. Click "Import account"
6. Next, under Select Type, choose "JSON File". You'll be given a Choose File button that will allow you to upload the JSON file you just downloaded. Select the file from your Downloads folder.
7. Enter the password you set in the previous step and click 'Import'. This will take several minutes, so keep your MetaMask extension open while it processes.
Option 2: Direct Transfer to an Existing MetaMask Wallet
1. From the Venly Portal Home page, make sure the NFT tab is selected
2. Click on your Silks asset. You'll have to transfer each Silks asset separately.
3. Click the blue "Transfer" button
Note: Transferring NFTs requires gas to process your request on the blockchain. You can add FIAT funds to your account using your Credit Card through Venly's Buy ETH button, or by transferring Ethereum directly to your MetaMask wallet. It shouldn't cost more then $3 to transfer each individual asset.
4. After clicking Transfer, a Venly pop-up will open and ask for your Venly pin. Once successfully entered, your transfer will begin to process.
5. Repeat Steps 1-4 for each Silk asset located in your Venly wallet.
That's it! You've successfully transferred your Silks assets from Venly to MetaMask. View our Portal Guide to see more of your Silks!